Saturday, December 15, 2012

Find Your Voice


Fight Evil Every Day...


With Christmas nearly upon us it is clear that this is a time for the mentally sick to punish the world with their wrath..... 

Tonight I am feeling blessed that my family is safe. I feel loved by their kind, and, their hateful words because both mean they are here with me, and, not with God, and, my Noah. 
Eagle Point National Cemetery


Tonight, I know that I will sleep better because I prepare my children for the ugly realities of our 2012 world, and, all the horrible things that happen. 

Tonight, or, tomorrow, I will not live in fear because in this world where life changes in the blink of an eye, and, if you are not prepared for the worst to happen to you at any moment, you just might not live through any given day.



Tonight, I am sickened by the evil in our world. We, all the people, need to band together an abolish evil. Do not stay silent when you see someone break a law, or moral code, do not avert your eyes, do not walk away. Make the pledge to be the change you want to see by taking back our world from the hands of evil.

Tonight, I pledge to continue to explain to my children the dangers of this world. They will recognize evil, because I, as their parent will have explained what it looks like, and, that sometimes, it's not inflected by strangers. Sometimes, the worst evil will come from a face you trust, a face you love. You can only fight evil if you know what how to recognize it.


Eagle Point National
Cemetary 2012
Parents, I plead to your sensible side, do not raise the next generation of adults who turn their head.  Right this moment, take back the world by teaching your children how to recognize evil, confront evil, and, stop evil.  Put it in terms that you are comfortable with, but remember this, the "taboos" surrounding so many things in society, obesity, death, sex, guns, violence, war, are only taboos in the minds of adults.  Children are fact based little people, who just want you to deliver the truth in simple, direct terms that they can understand, process, and, learn from, then, they move on.  You don't need to over detail things.  Be concise, be honest, be a parent.  

I pledge allegiance......
Today over breakfast, my eldest son, 10, read aloud a history book about war.  This is a book he checked out at his school library.  No one even blinked an eye.  Not us parents, not the 8 year old, not the 6 year old, not the 3 year old, not the hound dog, and, not the big blond dog.  War is a reality of our past, present, and, future.  He asked questions.  We answered them.  He showed us pictures, we looked at them.  It was not gruesome.  It was not upsetting.  It was a moment of discovery, a moment where he, at 10, saw the evil, and, the necessity of fighting evil, and the joy that comes when evil is abolished.

May God fill you with the strength to fight evil every day.  

And, guess what?  The best news of being an evil fighter is that you don't have to dig out some crazy spandex outfit!  You can fight it with your voice.  You can fight it by sharing knowledge of evil with others so they too may avoid supporting it.  Report evil, stop evil.

Be the change you want to see in the world.  
Start now....find your voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment